Thursday 17 September 2009

Thursday Selection


Pretty much the same dealio as Sunday - there's nothing of particular interest that I wish to share to you. Kanye West makes a fool of himself.. Obama calls Kanye a jackass.. all in a week's work I suppose. Speaking of 'Ye, his new album will be called 'Good Ass Job', and I think he's dropped the autotune! Yay!

So, as I say, not much music news that I'm interested in. Here's some stuff I've been listening to as of late:

Jamie T - Chaka Demus (Toddla T Remix)
Not so much a remix as an edit. Nevertheless, Toddla T (that name is really cringy) delivers a pretty cool edit - keeps that jokey tone captured by the vocals whilst giving it some depth by messing around with the instrumental area.

Sleeping States - Gardens Of The South
So, I don't know much about Sleeping States other than they come from Bristol, and their new album, In The Gardens Of The North (thats right North), has received some critical acclaim worth checking them out over. This is slow, rolling indie folk with vocals smoother than butter.

Modest Mouse - Guilty Cocker Spaniel
Last but not least, I've got a track from Modest Mouse's latest EP: No One's First And Your Next. It's worth a listen, trust me :) This track's got an upbeat, zesty vibe until it progresses into some noisy cacophony near the end, whilst we've got some catchy riffwork the whole way through. A return to form, one might say.

Oh, and there's a song named King Rat that's been around for a while but Modest Mouse have put it on the EP. This video was directed by the late, great Heath Ledger and it's got a clever little message behind it. Check it out below:



That's all for today; hope you have lovely weekends.

No comments: