Friday 14 August 2009

I Wish I Had A Pizza And A Bottle Of Wine


There's no real theme to today's post. It's pretty humid out so my selection involves nothing too heavy - you wouldn't wanna break a sweat.

Mr Hudson - Supernova (Orchestral Mix)
Supernova's crooning vocals get even more of a croonover as current crowd favourite Mr Hudson recorded a version that's not so Kanye'd up with autotune and that electro-sounding production. A simple and pretty little song. People should make more classical pop music.

Girls - Lust For Life
Lust For Life is a two and a half minute anti-punk whine about, well, life. In fact, I'm sure a good few of you can relate to it, even if you're not totally mad. Girls' subtle psychedelica flows so smoothly and I cannot get the lyris out of my head. A real gem.

The XX - Intro
The introduction to The XX's debut album 2.0 is not one of those 30 second little skits about something that you normally hear but lets you accustomise yourself with the style of their music. This short-but-sweet instrumental is epic in it's most laidback, 'cool as' form.

Et voila.

No comments: