Friday 5 June 2009

Friday


Is it me, or does it really not seem like a Friday? I reckon those huge clouds outside have something to do with it. Not that I've got a problem with that or anything, I'm still half-asleep from that kip earlier - you know that sleepy/content feeling?

So yeah, I'm not going to write something long and in-depth because if you're in a similar mood you'd just rather listen to the tunes, which don't really follow any theme in particular, but nothing too raucous. Here's some music which has been popping up on my iTunes more often than not recently:

Miike Snow - Burial (DJ Mehdi Remix)
An uplifting yet laidback track that makes you feel pretty good. Loving the piano and vocals. I haven't heard the original but whatever DJ Mehdi's done to it, he's done it right.

Pilotpriest - Shuffle Bored
Apparently this guy's been floating around for a while but I've only just heard him, and I like. Starts off with lazy, cooing synths and develops into something that wouldn't sound out of place in an obscure '80s kid's tv show. That is.. if they ever played funky electro-pop in '80s kid's tv shows. I could imagine some cool dancing.


Meanwhile, I've been listening to indie duo Matt & Kim's new album 'Grand'. It's brimming with a youthful energy not too dissimilar from Los Campesinos! I recommend it, it's a fun listen - and in the video for 'Lessons Learned', they both get totally naked in Time's Square. Seems as if the whole album has got a zest for life, like the kinda guy that always has an adventurous glint in their eye and a cheeky grin on their face. Here I give you the two single releases off the latest album:



That ended up a little longer than I thought it would. Guess I woke up a little.

No comments: